Have a dressed up day!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Pack up last season in your old green box and . . .

Today is the day.  Should have been yesterday, or the day before, or the day before that . . .   But, today is the day.

Sounds exciting, doesn't it?  Wish it was. Today I begin going through all the boxes of fall and winter clothes.  Each year about this time I sit making goofy faces and silly smiles.  I'm daydreaming.  My mind clearly sees a better future.  A future where closets are large enough to hold a year's worth of clothing.  All seasons hanging side by side in perfect harmony. 

This is a dream, because, apparently, my children's clothes do not like one another.  The summer clothes do not like the winter ones, they are such "pills."  The winter ones do not like the summer ones - such "show-offs."  This is all I can figure 'cause no matter how hard I try they cannot be as one.  One set, after being unmercifully sqashed by the other, always packs itself up and takes up precious storage space in - guess where?  Our room.  I have a dream . . .

If my storage boxes could look like these lovely trunks,






or maybe wicker . . .



or leather, yummy . . .



Look at the color and clean lines of these babies . . .



Or my favorite, these antique steamer trunks . . .



I'm eclectic to the bone.


But sadly, my storage boxes look like these.














Except in an ugly green color.

So, until we get closets that look like these . . .














(Which ain't never gonna happen, honey.  Would some people please go feed the hungry or shelter the homeless - in your closet, no doubt?)

. . . I will just have to be content with that little corner of my bedroom that safely harbors last season's saves.

So now I'll just slap myself out of the "land of pretty boxes," roll up my sleeves, and be grateful for those green things that treasure up those clothes I'm so grateful for. 

What's the use of worrying?
It never was worth while, so
Pack up last season in your old green box,
And smile, smile, smile.

No comments:

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12