Have a dressed up day!

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Tuesdays Daybook


Happy Bithday to Will.  Will takes care of all the younger boys while we have our Keepers at Home meetings.  This is a picture of him getting the legos ready for them.  A wonderful young man who makes his parents, of Mississippi Mama, proud.  We love him lots - Max would probably call Will one of his best friends.  Thank you, Will, for loving Max.  Happy Birthday to you.

Outside my window...
it is dark and rainy. Ucky, nasty, gross.  Dear Lord, thank you for this weather.

 I am thinking...
who in my house sheds so much?  Just keeping it real.

I am thankful for...
Shelby, who hates to clean a bathroom, but is too dear to say so.

From the learning rooms...
nothing today.  We are cleaning - it's HomeEc.  We will be reading some Seabird in the car back and forth.

From the kitchen...
nothing, and no plans for tonight yet.

I am creating...
piles of laundry.  Just keeping it real again.

I am going...
the usual, piano, followed by a long overdue hair appointment.

I am reading...
all of my Vacation Bible School literature.  Along with my friend, Sandra, we direct or church's VBS so there is much to study up on and plan.  This will probably occupy all of my reading time (like there ever was any) from now until mid June.

I am hoping...
for lots of Yeses when I call people about helping in VBS.

I am hearing...
Max looking for a screwdriver, Shelby looking for a wrench, Izzy at the toaster, Delia fixing a drink. Water running inside and out.

 Around the house...
we will be going out of town on Thursday evening.  If you remember this post, My House is Dirty and, "What if?", you know I will be struggling to clean all week.  Shelby and I set an early alarm and she is helping me on her off morning. Like I said, she is a dear.  Now, if I can just stay alive . . .

One of my favorite things...
knowing I'm going out of town for the weekend.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
 Keepers on Wednesday, we will be working on string art projects.  Thursday is a VBS staff meeting, musical practice, doctor's appointment, and leaving for the coast field trip.  Friday is playing on the beach and touring the marine center with our co-op class.
Schoolwork - what's that?  Oh, that. We will be doing it during the three hour drive there and back.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing:


Isabela with her diorama on Hotel for Dogs.  The book, not the movie.  She and her little creative mind did a fine job.  It is on display with the rest of her Book-It pal's dioramas at our local library.

Thanks to Peggy @ http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/






Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12