Have a dressed up day!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Christmas in July - and rags tied to behinds

I'm sitting at the computer when he comes and plops down on the floor next to me.

Mommy, I have a quest'on

Okay.

I continue to type.

Mommy . . .

I turn and look at him.  He's spinning circles like a sit and spin and I wonder if he could do this on the whole floor.  It's dirty and I could tie a wet towel to his behind and . . .

Mommy

And I realize I haven't heard a word he said.

Sorry, baby, what?

Is Santa Claus real?

What? 

I panic.  I'm not expecting this on a hot July day.  Maybe a hot Mississippi December day - but July?

Is Santa Claus real?

And he's spinning and could care less what my answer will be, so . . .

from where I'm not sure of I pull from inside of myself - the truth.

And I explain earlier to him than I did to my girls about Santa Claus.

And he laughs and spins and I warn him not to tell his friends cause that's what Mommys and Daddys are for and then I think once again

about putting that wet rag on his rear.
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12