Have a dressed up day!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Max says . . .

And I find this photo on my phone.  A surprise gift from Maxster.



Which reminds me of when I found these on the camera, one day, out of the blue.  One of the best days.

And this morning, cuddled in bed exhausted from the week, we have this conversation.

Thank you for being so good this week.  You were patient and never complained about all the work for the play.  And you pitched in and worked hard.  You're a super son! 

laughter as he buries his head deep into my shoulder

I'm gonna buy you a shirt that says, 
Super Son.

Mommy, that'd be so cool!
I can wear one that says Super Son
and Daddy can wear one that says, Super Dad.
And you can wear one that says,

wait for it - - 

I have a Super Son!

What?  Maxster, wait!  There is something wrong with this picture.  
You get a Super Son shirt, 
Daddy gets a Super Dad shirt, 
and I get a I got a Super Son shirt?

huge laughter as I hug him close and marvel that he is here.  This gift.  This son of mine.


Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12