Have a dressed up day!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Only Words I Need

It's early morning, sun barely up and I can't get out of bed. 
And the guilt is heavy but these tears are not that, they are because I can't hear.  I'm trying to hear Him and there is no sound.  I'm used to no audible voice from above, but where is the peace He so freely gives me?

It is drowned out by fear.

I can't hear you, God.

I can't hear you, God.

I lie still and quiet.  Try to remove every thought from my weary brain and tell Satan to get behind me in the name of my Father.

I can't hear you, God.

And then - just like that - these words.  A hymn.

If ever I loved thee my Jesus tis now.

I've sang that song hundreds of times but only these words can I remember now.  I try to recall more but they won't come.

Is it that these are the only ones I need?

And He is good and comes as promised.

And the fear is drowned out by comfort.

And I rise and let go.





Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12