Have a dressed up day!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

She Wore Only Her Slip

Can I just tell you something?

I have officially turned into my mama.

I remember vividly coming home one day to find my mama with her glasses 'round her neck tied with a thin piece of ribbon, raveling at the end.

No fancy chain, just raveling ribbon.

I remember very vividly laughing at her.  Poking fun and secretly hoping she wouldn't step out of the house like that.  (Like the time she wore her slip, and only her slip - because she forgot to put on her skirt - to the Kroger). 

And now that I need the bifocs I say these words more than any other -

Where are my glasses? 

Have you seen my glasses?

Wait - I have to find my glasses.

Why can't I ever remember where I put my glasses?

These are now my glasses.


Just another - I will never day has arrived.

And when the day comes when I blog that I have worn only my undergarments to go Krogering will someone please call my sweet sisters and say to them - The time has come.

Don't worry - they will completely understand what you mean.
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12