Have a dressed up day!

Thursday, December 8, 2011

How to Count Another Miracle

I knew what was in the envelope before I opened it.

I didn't think I needed to steel myself or brace myself for this sweetness.

But I did.

'Cause y'all, I cried.




He is no more or less precious than any baby in our family.

And as I think on all my nieces and nephews and my own children, they are each a miracle in their own way.

I remember how long my other sister waited for a baby.  And then how incubators cradled.  I remember hard dangerous labors and illnesses that threatened and troubles that pained.

 I remember tears cried over the marvelous knittings of God.

But this baby's mama still seems like a baby to me at times.  Born when I was nearly grown.  And how can a grown successful woman still seem like a baby?  More mature than me in so many ways.  But still . . .

God counted every tear that fell and every bargain made and every plea from a desperate heart.

And now in His own time,  in His own way, we count another miracle.

He makes number fifteen.

And we give glory to God in the highest.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

And I thought that our 13 was a lot of grandbabies!

What a wonderful gift for your family to be celebrating this Christmas!

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12