Have a dressed up day!

Monday, December 26, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

Christmas is never gone.  As Easter is not.

And shouldn't everyday be a celebration of birth, life, death, and life again?

And we have days to celebrate the birth and the death and gloried resurrection of our Lord. 

But what about our life in between?  This life that is hard and easy and all in between.

And He is never far away and it is not just a celebration but a relationship.

And how do I get to God?  Not by rules and giving up though rules are necessary and commanded and sacrificing is cleansing

but how is my relationship?

I lean in and write quickly and listen as our pastor tells me that seperating myself from the world does not have to mean giving up things and people around me.  It means I do not look to the world that I am as bad as but I look to Jesus in the midst of all the things that make me who I am.

Things that have shaped my family into the people we are.  That have formed us over the years.

And Jesus is the beginning of our Christmas and the end.  The bringing in of the holidays and the closing of the season.

And we gather around the table and open our mouths and we gather around the tree and open our gifts of love and in the center of it all -

In the very reason why these days are not just days -

we gather around the manger and open our hearts.  To a remembrance and a celebration and an honoring of our King.

And as we close this season that is a celebration of a birth I once again open a new year to the life of my King.

To my daily walk of worship to my King.

I pack up and I clean up and in this I have given the ones I love memories.  I have given gifts that are as dust on the same wind that carries my love to the days in between. 

And I pray to have given my children a gift of knowledge.  That it is not just a day, it is a life.

And I know it is all good.

For good things happen when we celebrate and good things move us forth into a dwelling of days in the presence of our Lord.

Till we celebrate Him as a babe again.

My gratitude list continues . . .

remembering the babe



friends who take my children to a winter wonderland - complete with glowsticks



living nativity





preparing for santa



reindeer food





telling santa why we celebrate





pallets under the tree





a thank you from santa



Chrismas Eve communion





Christmas morning breakfast



christmas with church family as max and izzy light the center candle



it's a charlie brown christmas -















gift to grandma -



nana's christmas



super max



remembering distance is only in body



max reading the christmas story



remembering the light of the world, Jesus Christ, for whom we are to be example


For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.  Luke 2:11

My list, #'s 757-775.
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12