Have a dressed up day!

Monday, April 29, 2013

When Son's Not As Smart As You Think He Is

Mommy, I want to be in de movie.
 
Okay, you can go too.  But that doesn't mean you'll get to be in the movie.
 
Is it a cartoon?
 
No, it's not.  Why?
 
I don't want to be in a cartoon.
 
Oh, why?  That might be fun.
 
No.  Cause some cartoons look like clay and I don't want to be in one dat looks like clay.

So now I'm completely aware that his sweet brain is about to give me one of the moments I blog for.

And the other day he said something that made no sense and I looked at him kinda crazy - crazy enough that he knew he had to explain but not so crazy that I'd scar him or anything - and he said - sometimes my words mess my brain up -

really?  I didn't know.

but back to this story . . .

Baby, I don't understand.  Why wouldn't you want to be in a clay one?

And then there it is.  The look.  The look he gives me far too often when he can't understand why I don't just know. 

Cause, Mommy, dey would have to turn me into clay.

And I stare, trying not to laugh.

He stares back - rolls his eyes - embarassed for me and my stupidity -

And Mommy, dat would hurt.
 
. . . and dey would have to make a clay head of me and den put it on top of my head like dis and it would be heavy and . . . . . . . . .
 
and on and on and on.

And on and on and on until I'm staring at him glassy eyed.  I'm thinking- maybe the stork really did bring him - but from where?

4 comments:

Greg and Donna said...

Better get used to it know! Boys are WAY different than girls ~ their minds just go off in "uncharted" mom areas!

Christopher Stewart said...

THis all sounds way sensible too me. I think he is pretty smart to think of all that. He must have gotten his brains from his aunt (me!)

Jennifer said...

Ah yes ... boy brains ... gotta love 'em! Sometimes all we can do is hang on for the ride!

V said...

This is great! Wouldn't we love to know what goes on in those little minds!

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12