Have a dressed up day!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Feel Eighteen . . .

He and I stop on the way home from LA and walk around Tractor Supply.  Just the two of us.  Not for long, but precious is the time.

The phone is ringing as we climb back in the truck.  My sweet oldest -

Mama, please call Shelby.  She has been trying to call you and Daddy for thirty minutes.  She's scared and freaking out. 

Ok, we forgot to take in our phones.

Just call her now.

Other phone is ringing before I hang up.

Hey, baby.  Sorry, we -

Where are you ? I've been trying to call you for thirty minutes.

Sorry, we -

I've called your phone and Daddy's over and over.

Baby, we went in Tractor Supply and left our -

You said you'd be home at twelve, it's twelve fifteen and y'all didn't answer your phones.

I didn't realize Daddy -

I've been pacing and worried about y'all, calling and calling.

We're fine, we just left our phones in the car.

Well, you need to take your phones in with you, don't you?  How far are you from home?  You said you'd be home fifteen minutes ago.

I'm sorry, we'll be home soon.  I'm sorry, baby.

Ok, well . . . don't do that again - 'k?

'K.

I've been chastised.  Tarred and feathered.  I feel eighteen and she forty-five. 

There's laughter from the driver's seat. 

But for me . . .

beads of sweat.



holy experience
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12