Have a dressed up day!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Jesus Never Leaves You - I Want To See Him

We drive down the road to gather with treasured friends and make jelly and sew dolls.

Today will be special, so . . . as we've done often lately, we read schoolbooks in the car.  The car hums, the air blast in our summer heat, and she reads from the backseat.

The chapter speaks of how Christopher Columbus took his men to church to pray the day before they sailed, he wrote that he sailed "in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ."

Mama, was Christopher Columbus a Christian?

Sounds that way baby bones, hope so.

Won't it be really cool one day to meet him in heaven?

Yeah, it'll be cool to sit at the table with him and sup.

I can't wait to meet alot of those people.  My favorite will be Mary and Joseph.

You can ask Mary all kind of questions like, "Were you scared?"  "What was Jesus like as a three year old?"

No!  My favorite will be Elvis!  Yeah.  Do you think Elvis was saved?

I don't know.  As a child he grew up in church.  That's where he sang first.  I'd like to think he was saved as a child but lost his way. 

Yeah.  Cause once you're saved you can't be unsaved, right?

Right, baby.  Jesus never leaves you.

I hope Elvis was saved.

Me too, baby, me too.





"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
- John 14:1-3

My favorite will be Jesus.  To have Him put His arms around me and hold me.   

It's a good thing there are no tears in heaven.  'Cause if they started, they would never stop.  Tears of joy and gratitude.  Tears of love.
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12