Have a dressed up day!

Monday, September 6, 2010

One Thousand Gifts . . .



"Glad!  Why?"

"Why, I like bread and milk, and I'd like to eat with you.  I don't see any trouble about being glad about that."

"You don't seem ter see any trouble bein' glad about everythin'," retorted Nancy . . .

Pollyanna laughed softly.

"Well, that's the game, you know, anyway."

"The - game?"

"Yes; the 'just being glad' game."

"Yes.  You see I'd wanted a doll, and father had written them so; but when the barrel came the lady wrote that there hadn't any dolls come in, but the little crutches had.

And that's when we began it."

" . . . the game was to just find something about everything to be glad about - no matter what 'twas," rejoined Pollyanna.  "And we began right then - on the crutches."

"Goosey!  Why, just be glad because you don't - need - 'em!"

Pollyanna  by Eleanor H. Porter; 1912

My gratitude list continues . . .

reading aloud to Isabela

hearing Isabela read to me

not needing crutches

laughing hard

tickling

cupping face in hands

drawstring garbage bags

crayons

bug spray

discussing vacation plans

haircolor

75% off sheet sale

new sheets

a box of gourds

fried green tomatoes

M&M's


My list, #304-320.



holy experience
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12