Have a dressed up day!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Dear Izzy, Love Mama

Dear Izzy, my little sack of baby bones, 

I am not sick anymore. Stitches on the inside of a body must heal as stitches on the outside. This takes time - and that time is our friend so health can return. Nothing is being hidden from you. Daddy and I are not keeping any secrets. 

Yes, I will be here when you wake. And no, I don't tire of telling you that. And no, I am not tired of you and what you need. 

I love you.

You were brave and smart on that day. Do you know that?  And God sent us that day - so that what needed to be found could be found.  

Can you try to look at it that way? As a gift from the One who holds you and loves you above all. He who knew and knows the strength that lies within you. He who gave you that strength when you said, I love you, Jesus. Be mine.

And He said, I've always loved you child, and you have always been mine. And always will be. You have never been alone and never will be. 

Sleep between Daddy and me is where you will be as long as you need it. Till safe comes to you again.

And it will - Daddy says so - and isn't he the smartest man we know?

This week this white space on this blog is yours. 

And as you read it each day remember that present time is as alive and as happy as the past.
Love,
Love,
Love, Mama
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12