Have a dressed up day!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dear Izzy love

Izzy love,

Remember all the fruits of the spirit in Galations 5 that Paul writes about? 

 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Remember how I am always trying to work on that patience part?

Sometimes different versions of the Bible will use the word longsuffering in place of the word patience.  God understood that there would be things that make us tired, or angry, or confused.  He knew we would need to have the help of the Holy Spirit to suffer through those things with the ones we love.

So the ones we love we have patience with.  Patience shows the great things that can be produced if we exercise it with others. 

You and I both know that I'm not very good at it. Remember how often you have to forgive me for my patience failing you?

But you love and cherish me anyway, right?

Forgive me for the nights that I begin to fall asleep first or say things that hurt you.  Forgive me for not always remembering to understand that this is out of your control right now?  Okay?

Can you see?  If you forgive me and love and cherish me then you must believe that it is the same for me. 

There is no need to doubt.  That is just the confusion making you feel that way.  It is not real, my sweet.

When you cry and say you don't understand why you are afraid I will hold you tighter, okay?

And you will believe me when I tell you that this will end soon.

And then you will enjoy more of this movie stuff with Daddy again without being afraid . . .


Promise.

Your fingernails here . . .


they are realllly cool.  Really, really, really cool.

Love,
Love,
Love, Mama
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12