Have a dressed up day!

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Summer in Cricket County - McLaurin style


Ain't you heard the latest, Sister Mater?


Exodus 22, verse 1: "If a man shall steal an ax . . . he shall restore five . . . !



Preach it, sister!


Now don't be startin' no fires while I'm gone.


Sushi.  Cousin Mimi from the city gave me the recipe, but it left out one important step:  It didn't tell me how to cook it.  So I battered it up real good with cornmeal and deep-fried it in my iron skillet.


It's so good it makes you want to slap yo' mama.


I sure do, child.  Ever' time I stand in front of the refrigerator with the door open, I have to ask myself, "What am I here after?"


Bless her heart, she looks like she was poured into that dress and forgot to say when.


I caught this here butterfly just for you, Petrified.


I'll even let you hold my frog giggin' spear.


The beaut-ee-ful, the beaut-ee-ful riverrrr.


Why's that, Sister Mater?  What?!


Give me some breathin' room; I'm gettin' one of my sick headaches.


Look at her, she's already a gettin' the jerks.


Honey, it seems your sweet grandma over there is . . . how can we put it delicate-like.


Hey, Grandma.  Ribbit.


Where am I goin'?


Ever'body just hush up and let a old woman die in peace.


You don't understand, Elkin.  What would you say if I were to tell you the sheriff plans to send Fester up the river?


I ain't askin' a lady to fight; I'm askin' you.


Why ain't you puttin' that lawbreaker behind bars?


Well, if that ain't proof nothin' is.


Exodus 20, verse 15.  "Thou shalt not steal."
Amen and hallelujah!


Please.  That story is sooooo old.  I've got the latest of the latest.


And that, my friends, was a cotton-pickin' good time.

 











Y'all come back now, 'ya hear?
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12