Have a dressed up day!

Monday, November 7, 2011

One Thousand Gifts . . .

I am married to the only man that captured my heart - and loved me enough to keep it. The only man that was willing to mold himself to fit me perfectly. Who was willing to gently mold me to fit him perfect.

I have - and yes, I'm going to say it - the best kids in the world. And that love that appears the first moment you know you are pregnant and grows till it bursts from your womb to your heart and into your every moment of life has been with me for over twenty-two years now. And it's not going anywhere.

I look around this house and like where I am. I like the colors on the walls and the wood on the floors. I like the way my bed feels at night and the sound of no alarm clock in the morning.

I'm in love with stretching my legs out at night and touching him. Crazy about waking at two in the morning to peek in on them.

And in all of these good things I cannot forget to scour my life hard for bad habits to break, good habits to start, and better and more ways to love my neighbors.

And in each breath I must adapt myself to be more like Christ.

And expectant for blessings . . .

My gratitude list continues . . .

hearing the wind through the screens

kind bankers when you make huge mistakes

thanksgiving crafts from Donna kind enough to share

shoebox shopping with my proud heart watching them love

shoebox packing party lovingly planned by Jennifer

laughing sharing potty-training tips

the joy of being over potty-training

the turning of the leaves

remembering that even in the death of leaves God shows beauty, which reminds me how much more thought and care He puts into loving me

painting.  when I get passed being too lazy to get started I'm always revived and refreshed

remembering to thank God for gifts and talents

how my love completely balances me

understands me

forgives me

loves me

anticipating the holidays with Janice and Penny - waiting is already pained

watching my baby sister be a mama

and the joy this new little boy has brought

My list, #'s 721-738.








Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12