Have a dressed up day!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Gorgeous Gourds

Even though today was a holiday, it has been industrious around here. Only thing missing - a freshly mopped kitchen floor. But since that is always missing, it's not really missing, is it?

Our state fair is soon. This is the second year that Izzy gets crafty with a variety of items and takes her handmade treasures to the fair exhibit. We have been working on them for months and she uses her prize money for Christmas gifts.

 A new challenge for us is working with gourds. There are several gourd projects she is tackling and trust me, gourd shopping is fun! All shapes and sizes. I saw one that reminded me of my 5th grade  teacher, take a look -



















Izzy socked He’s Too Good To Me in the head with a club gourd that reminded me of caveman weapons.




Here is a photo of Izzy and her friend, Emily, better known around here as “My Emme” in Max language. They are cleaning their gourds.






















This is Max, my youngest, we don't want to know what he is cleaning.





Finally, Izzy with the finished clean gourds.

It was a gourd vine that God sent to Jonah in the desert to shade him and bring him comfort from the sun.  What shade has He given you lately?  If you can't think of one, search harder, it is there.

And who can forget these famous gourds - Jimmy and Jerry Gourd from VeggiTales (what a BigIdea). Enjoy the video!  Go gourd shopping, it's good for a laugh or two!

By the way, I had to get He’s Too Good To Me to upload this video. Groucho Marx was speaking to me when he said, “A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.”

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12