Have a dressed up day!

Monday, November 23, 2009

A friend of mine told me that she loves to read my blog.  She says my house seems to always have alot going on.  She says it seems like fun.

Definition of seems - to appear to be.

Need I say more?  But I will.

It is quite active around here, and we do love one another - but . . .

Some days I have to remind myself to not quit.  Some days it's an all-day, never-ending search for the humor.  Some days I never find it. 

Whining, anger, unthankfulness, and complaining demons rear their ugly heads around here.

But letting that get the best of me in life is not an option.  Can I hear an amen?

My life is messy.  I've stepped in poop - not animal.  We've had last chance, cut-off, gonna take your first-born child notices.  Shelby's car has four doors but only two handles, power steering fluid and oil leaks on a regular basis, and I can't keep the goat out of the neighbor's blueberry bushes.  We haven't had a week long family vacation in nine years and my tummy wiggles and my arms flap.
My kids leave the "ma'am" off more times than not. 

And that's the good stuff of the bad stuff.

But a bigger and more important but is that it is just some days.  The rest of the days, they are what they appear to be.

You may catch me writing about the bad stuff now and then, but don't look too hard for it.  The good stuff is more fun, humor has it in spades. 

When you read my blog, don't get the idea that my life is all rosey.  But it is lived through rose-colored glasses.

Glasses made possible by Jesus Christ.  With Him you don't have to look too hard for blessings.  He doesn't hide them under rocks or behind bushes or even in the neighbor's lives. 

But without Him, well, that's not an option either.  Try Jesus, you'll like Him.

Need to learn how to try Jesus?  At one time in our life we all do.  E-mail me here, I'll share my glasses - and my Lord.

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12