Have a dressed up day!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pillow Talk

A Converstation with He's Too Good To Me this morning. 

I'm in red - you'll see why - and he's in brown.

It went like this -

Have you seen Shelby's new blazer?

No, I don't guess I have.

You need to look at it and tell me what it reminds you of.

Silence.  Dead silence.  Playing dead.

Think blazer.

You had on a blazer the day we met.

Cha-ching.  That's my boy. 

You remember what I had on the day we met? 

Here I am leading the witness.  I already know the answer. We've been married twenty years, and I interrogate on a regular basis. 

I remember your legs.  You had red on.

What else? 

I remember your legs, you had red heels on.

Anything else?

Give me a minute and let me picture you walking down those stairs.

Down the stairs or up the ramp?

Let me set the stage.  I was a designer and he was a carpenter.

If I were a carpenter
and you were a lady,
Would you marry me anyway?
Would you have my baby?

If I worked my hands in wood,
Would you still love me?
Answer me babe, "Yes I would,
I'll put you above me."
-words and music Tim Hardin

The house we were both working on was new construction.  There were ramps to enter.  When I began walking up to the house he gallantly ran outside, extended his hand to me, and asked if he could help me - being mud puddles all around the ramp. That's when he had me - hook, line, and sinker.

Let me be honest, he was quite handsome and taking his hand was an attractive option, but instead -

I put my pert little nose in the air and -

No, I'm fine, thank you.

That's when I had him - hook, line, and sinker. 

Back to the conversation.

Down the stairs.

Were you looking up my skirt?

No, I was looking at your legs.

End of conversation.  Sorta.

Following that I had a conversation with myself -

Get on treadmill.

 Why?  self asks back.

Because He's Too Good To You is still handsome and your legs aren't what they used to be.

Oh, right.







 

No comments:

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12