Have a dressed up day!

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pillow Talk

A Converstation with He's Too Good To Me this morning. 

I'm in red - you'll see why - and he's in brown.

It went like this -

Have you seen Shelby's new blazer?

No, I don't guess I have.

You need to look at it and tell me what it reminds you of.

Silence.  Dead silence.  Playing dead.

Think blazer.

You had on a blazer the day we met.

Cha-ching.  That's my boy. 

You remember what I had on the day we met? 

Here I am leading the witness.  I already know the answer. We've been married twenty years, and I interrogate on a regular basis. 

I remember your legs.  You had red on.

What else? 

I remember your legs, you had red heels on.

Anything else?

Give me a minute and let me picture you walking down those stairs.

Down the stairs or up the ramp?

Let me set the stage.  I was a designer and he was a carpenter.

If I were a carpenter
and you were a lady,
Would you marry me anyway?
Would you have my baby?

If I worked my hands in wood,
Would you still love me?
Answer me babe, "Yes I would,
I'll put you above me."
-words and music Tim Hardin

The house we were both working on was new construction.  There were ramps to enter.  When I began walking up to the house he gallantly ran outside, extended his hand to me, and asked if he could help me - being mud puddles all around the ramp. That's when he had me - hook, line, and sinker.

Let me be honest, he was quite handsome and taking his hand was an attractive option, but instead -

I put my pert little nose in the air and -

No, I'm fine, thank you.

That's when I had him - hook, line, and sinker. 

Back to the conversation.

Down the stairs.

Were you looking up my skirt?

No, I was looking at your legs.

End of conversation.  Sorta.

Following that I had a conversation with myself -

Get on treadmill.

 Why?  self asks back.

Because He's Too Good To You is still handsome and your legs aren't what they used to be.

Oh, right.







 
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12