Have a dressed up day!

Monday, November 30, 2009












This is El Progresso, Honduras.














This is my daughter, Shelby, born almost eighteen years ago.

In less than two months I will be unclipping a few more wings, untying a few more apron strings, and offering up prayers and bargains as I watch her board a plane - for the first time - without me.

Today I popped a few pills and took her to get her passport.  I stood there and watched her smile one of her biggest smiles ever as she had her photo taken.  A photo that will take her places and allow her to see things that she has only dreamed of.

This place may be only the beginning.  She has plans to change the world.  She intends to see lives changed and souls saved.

I'm not sure what plans I saw for her when I looked into that perfect little face so many years ago.  I can't remember.  But, I can be pretty sure I didn't envision a drive to the passport office.

I didn't really pop pills.  I don't really believe in bargains.  I do believe in prayers.  I do believe in her.  Fly high, Bluebird. 




















"Some children were brought to Jesus so he could lay his hands on them and pray for them. The disciples told them not to bother him. But Jesus said, "Let the children come to me. Don't stop them! For the Kingdom of Heaven belongs to such as these." And he put his hands on their heads and blessed them before he left."

Matthew 19:13-15


Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12