Have a dressed up day!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Now, On To Thanksgiving - My, How Time Flies

Halloween has always been a weird time around here.  Sometimes we do it, sometimes we don't.  I have concluded in all of my deliberations, judging, and jurying (that is - discussions with He's Too Good To Me) that I am not very convicted about not letting my children wear a friendly costume and collect a little bit of candy from friends.

There, I said it. 

Ghosts of Halloweens past.



















Delia at 18 months with Pa-paw.  Poor baby, she was dressed up so much she would have worn anything.  I should serve time for that one.



Delia at 2 1/2.  Believe it or not, she actually won a costume contest with this one.



Shelby as Baby Bop.  Not a good costume for potty training, that I remember well.



Izzy was 6 months old and is in the same costume Delia wore her first Halloween.  Her face was so stained with the red it took at least a week to wear off.  The next year I tried to get her to wear the Hershey Kiss costume but she wouldn't stop crying.  Yes, I still have it.  I was young and impulsive.   My excuse now?  I don't have one.



Instead, she wore this. 



One of my favorites, but I can't take credit.  Shelby came up with this one on her own.



One of the few years Gregg and I dressed up.  It's obvious why it was one of the few years.



Super Max.



Izzy, 2007.



Delia and her fella, Ruben.



Bonnie and Clyde.



Max and Izzy last year.  Max did not need a costume, according to his shirt his "sister scares him enough."  Izzy's socks blinked, her shirt was corny - she was beautiful.



A little dress-up and a good walk to a dozen or so friend's homes.  No ghosts or goblins or witches.



Check out Izzy's bag.  She has high expectations.


Here Max practices what to say, with a little prompting from his sisters. 




Happy fall, y'all.




Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12