Have a dressed up day!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You Should Be Proud

She walks up to me and tells me Delia is so good at this.  How proud of her I should be. 

Do I have room for any more pride?  I fight the urge to ask why

She tells me I have good kids.

I tell her I know.  But I'm not sure how it happened.

We both laugh.

I fail and ask her - Why?

She says because Delia loves them, it is obvious, she says.  I should be proud, she says again.

This world needs teachers that love their students.  Teachers that have a heart for the love of God the students need in their hearts.

Delia plans and talks to me and I see it in her eyes.  The concern for the little girl that did not come back today.  The confusion about the child who checks both the yes and the no box.  The sadness for the child that did not get to come at all.  The grief for the parents that do not understand.

She gives them fun and learning entertwined with the example of Jesus.

I tell this lady I am proud - of Delia's past, her present, and her future.



Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12