Have a dressed up day!

Thursday, July 29, 2010

He's Got Me

Be careful.

I say it everyday to He's Too Good To Me.  Right after my morning kiss goodbye, which he gives to me while I'm only half awake, I say - Be careful.

I calculated that I've said it to him at least 20, 760 times, if not more.

Most mornings it's followed by a silent prayer to my Father God - Take care of him, Father.

Yesterday Izzy rode her bike to a neighbor's house.  The rule is she must call when she gets there, even though it's only four houses down.  She did.

But last week she didn't.  Time passed and I began to get that little nagging feeling.  Seconds more passed as I walked outside and strained to see down the street.  My mind started to dance scenarios around.  There's no bike laying in the street, but there's no bike in the drive, either.  Why didn't she call?  And then . . .

I see her, running and playing, forgetting all about me and my be careful.

They leave to drive in their cars, to run errands, to go to work, to go play.  Always with my be careful.

I want them to be safe.

But that's already happened.  They've already been saved.  We're already delivered.  Our future is secure.

But I don't always feel safe.  Pain happens.  Scenarios dance around.  Conflicts abound.

Sometimes I'm a scaredy cat.

My history of scars holds me down from the bravery my God has enstilled in me.

God's name is a place of protection - good people can run there and be safe.  Proverbs 18:10 MSG

This morning through the walls I heard my little Joshua Max, in his sweet boy voice, say -

Be careful, sissy.

Haven't I commanded you?  Strength!  Courage!  Don't be timid; don't get discouraged.  God, your God, is with you every step you take.  Joshua 1:10 MSG

Caution in this world is wise, but worry is not.  The righteous can be free from worry.

Don't fret or worry.  Instead of worrying, pray.  Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns.

Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. 

It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.  Phillipians 4:6-7 MSG

He's got me.  Whatever happens, God's got me.
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12