Have a dressed up day!

Monday, July 5, 2010

One Thousand Gifts . . .

I head straight to the laundry room, stripping off the day's grim.  These shirts must go in now - it'll be a long enough night without waiting on the signal.

I close the washing machine and turn, she meets me, arms outstretched.  A smile as wide as her beautiful face.

I love you, Mama. 

She squeezes tight.

I love you so much.

She's inches taller than me and I feel small compared to the event that has made her so happy.  It is not a little girl thing but a happening that makes her feel like the woman she longs to be.

This affection is no surprise coming from my Bluebird of Happiness, but I'm still caught off guard.

It had been a good day already.  Now it has become magic.

My list continues . . .

tired ears

him killing the bugs

willing helpers

dishwasher

his grin when he walks in with an armful of black-eyed-susans

homemade icecream

lunch with friends

blankets in the grass

scrambled eggs

old dishtowels

old movies

illusions and her face

hand-me-downs

news of new precious baby boy

breezes in the heat

My list, # 111-125.


holy experience
Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12