Have a dressed up day!

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A little contest.  Don't tell my kids.  Below are the pumpkins they painted to decorate the porch.  Delia was not able to paint with us this year, so, to be fair, I'm showing last years pumpkins, also.  Gotta give my oldest baby a chance to win.

Check them out, double check, triple check, and post a comment with your favorite. 

I'm going to buy the winner a new car, or a yacht, or stuff their pumpkin with several trillon dollars. So vote responsibly.



#1



















#2














#3



















#4



















#5



















#6



















#7














#8
#9



















Here's a few candid shots of the artists at work.  Such geniuses - they make a mama proud.





























































Check out the tongue - such concentration.


Check out the tongue - like father, like son.

OK, vote.


 







6 comments:

Penny S. said...

ok. completely unfair to ask any sort of relative to vote on something like this, but I will do my best to join the fun. I like the bow in #1's hair (reminds me of a small baby girl who use to wear them everywhere). I love the creative use of nature in creating #5's hair. That's a favorite. Tell Rueben, I'm sorry. I love to wear black, but his black pumpkin did not make my favorite list, although the bat ears are a nice touch. Too scary for my tastes. #8 made me smile. I am very partial to elephants considering that the only picture I can draw is the back of an elephant's behind. I found the use of the veggies as face pieces quite interesting on #3, but I was most impressed with the spiderman pumpkin. Looks just like him. Of course, i noticed a lack of small pumpkins as shown in your candid shots. Where is Max's? I can not give a fair final vote without seeing his pumpkins in their finished state. So, I guess my vote is this: they all deserve a trillion dollars. Hope you can cough it all up!!

Jennifer said...

Oh, this is hard! I really like Delia's ... I am partial to any "happy" decorated/carved pumpkins. I also love the elephant, just because of the sheer creativity of it. But, for my absolute favorite, it is a tie between #5 and #8. There is no good reason, it is just how I feel! It looks like they all had a lot of fun doing this. My kids have been begging to paint theirs, so I am curious what kind of paint y'all used.

Penny S. said...

Christopher votes on Max's little pumpkins and his tongue. If he can't vote for that, he won't vote.
Susan votes for Max's little pumpkins and the elephant. She likes Shelby's horns too.
Gideon votes for Max's little pumpkins and the alien.
Jonathan votes for Max's tongue and the elephant.

Donna said...

#3

#5

I voted twice!!!!!

And if you have a spare trillion laying around after the contest...you know where I live!

Anonymous said...

I love Izzys alien and the mummy. so #8, #9,#6, #7. Goodness just put me down for all of the above.

Anonymous said...

AND IZZY SAID
I VOTE FOR MY MUMMY & MY ALIEN #8 & #9
LOVE YA
P.S. PAY UP!!!!!

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12