Have a dressed up day!

Friday, December 25, 2009

My Christmas Gift to Y'all

My Christmas gift to y'all is two-fold.

First, a Shelby Find, or recipe.

So many people say they have the best hot cocoa recipe.  I'm telling you to trust me - I have the best hot cocoa recipe.

Trust me and enjoy, or . . .

miss out on a milk chocolate, white chocolate combination that will make your toes curl.

I wish I could give credit where credit is due, but I just happened on this recipe about three years ago on the web.  Just a general recipe.

Christmas Cocoa

Melt 1c. chocolate chips - 2/3 c. white and 1/3 c. semi-sweet - over medium heat

Stir in 1/2 c. sugar , 1/2 c. water, and pinch of salt

Cook all over medium heat until full boil.  Boil, stirring two minutes

Stir in 5 1/2 c. milk and 2 c. whipping cream

Heat until simmers.  Add 2 tsp. vanilla

Again, trust me.


My second gift to y'all is more important than the first. 

Trust me and enjoy, or . . .

Miss out on goodness that will change and rock your world.

Jesus is the goodness, my gift is prayer.

A prayer from me to you, wrapped up in love and tied with a bow of hope.

A prayer that if you do not know Him, Baby Jesus will not be left in the manger this Christmas, but He will find a home in your heart.

Again, trust me.

"Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger." 
 Luke 2: 10-12

"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men."
Luke 2:52

"And Jesus, crying out with a loud voice, said, 'Father, into Thy hands I commit My spirit.'  And having said this, He breathed His last."
Luke 23:46

"And the angel answered and said to the women, 'Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified.  He is not here, for He has risen, just as he said.  Come, see the place where He was lying.'"
Matthew 28:5-6

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."
John 14:3

It is simple, but no one can do it for you, no one can talk you into it.  No one can save you except Jesus, and only then if you believe and accept.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish, but have eternal life."
John 3:16

Merry Christmas from our lives, home, and hearts to you and yours. 

Amen.


Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12