Have a dressed up day!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Here I Am

Today is my beautiful baby boy's birthday.  He is three years old.

I sat down to write and tell you how much I love him and how he has changed our lives.

To record in this journal of mine so that he one day will know my thoughts on this day. 

But I can't right now.

My mind is on this.

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

My mind is reeling from Katie's words.  This blog that God led me to on my son's third birthday so that I could read about her three year old daughter.

This twenty-one year old young woman with twelve children. 

This young woman who stepped out on faith, put aside her dreams, and walked into the light of her Father's will.

My boy is special.  How do I know?  Because he was created by the One and Only.  So it is.

So it is for him, so it is for me, so it is for you.

So it is for Grace and all others like her.

What will we do with this knowledge we now have of Katie?  What will we do with this knowledge Katie's story has revealed to us about ourselves? 

What will I do now?  Now that it has been revealed to me, once again, that I am living outside of my potential?

I love you, Max.  Gotta go.  Right now I have an appointment with a kleenex and a bending of knee - to pray for Katie and her children.

To pray for you and your sisters.

To listen to God speak and to try to find the strength to obey.

Here I am, Lord.  Use me.


Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12