Have a dressed up day!

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Sex on Saturdays - Let's Talk

Sex on Saturdays.  Wanta' talk about sex?  So do I.

Some Saturdays between now and Valentine's Day (unless I'm not in the mood or have a headache) I'll discuss sex within marriage.  I'm aware this might make some of you uncomfortable, but if you hold your breath and jump in feet first I promise you'll warm up quickly.

I'm going to want comments - which, of course, can be anonymous.  What's a discussion without, you know, a discussion.  And a guest blogger would be awesome.  Any takers?

God had a plan from the beginning and in that plan he created intimacy between man and wife.  And wives, listen closely - if your husband "ain't getting none" - you are the one being short-changed.

He cannot, will not, and won't ever be his best without sex.  Your man will be less than his best in all areas of his life - from a husband, to a father, to a breadwinner, to a friend - mostly yours.  He cannot be on top (pardon the pun) when one of the things created for him to make him feel like an empowered man has been taken away or diminished.

There are many reasons for sex to be low on the totem pole of "till death do us part."  Lack of desire in females (mostly), children, tiredness, letting ourselves go, resentments, lack of romance, etc.  But the main reason in an otherwise good marriage - lack of effort.

My man is a good man who knows how to treat me right.  But it wasn't always so.  We had our ups and downs (where are these coming from?  I promise they are not intentional), with blame on both sides.  I'll share the story of my blame on Saturday.  It was a crazy analyzation with twisted results.

In the meantime, ponder this.

Proverbs 30:18-19

"There are three things that amaze me—
no, four things that I don’t understand:
how an eagle glides through the sky,
how a snake slithers on a rock,
how a ship navigates the ocean,
how a man loves a woman."

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12