Have a dressed up day!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Sex on Saturdays - Who Comes First

Sex on Saturdays - Let's Talk
Sex on Saturdays - Ladies, Don't Withhold
Sex on Satudays - Tell Him

Be sure to read the three posts above to catch up.
I want to thank my husband and family for their wonderful support.  I did not need another reason to fall deeper in love with He's Too Good To Me, but he gave me one with how he supported me in this.

Some other people - not so much.  Even though I'm not through with this, I'm ending it anyway.  Maybe y'all should rethink your words about my bravery?

I'm going to leave you with one last thing to ponder. 

What came first - the chicken or the egg?

The chicken, of course.  

It's not philosophy, or science, or any of that stuff people's minds can linger on.  It's just simply a God thing.  How He created and how He intended it to be.

So . . .

Who comes first - your husband or your children?

The correct answer is not hard.  It's just that most of us are doing it wrong.  Think about it - it's a God thing.

"I am my lovers.
I'm all he wants.  I'm all the world to him!
Come, dear lover -
let's tramp through the countryside.
Let's sleep at some wayside inn,
then rise early and listen to bird-song.
Let's look for wildflowers in bloom,
blackberry bushes blossoming white,
fruit trees festooned
with cascading flowers.
And there I'll give myself to you,
my love to your love!"
Song of Solomon 7:10-13 - The Message

Go have some sweet sex on Saturday with your husband. It's a God thing.

6 comments:

rutledgeramblings said...

Sorry you didn't get the support you needed from your readers. I will truly miss your Saturday posts because they were SOOO true and needed to be heard by a lot of women including myself. I admire you for your bravery and candidness. Blessings on you!

Rie said...

Thank you for those kind words. They mean a lot to me.

Most of the negative comments were coming from readers husbands, which then upset the women, and trouble is not what I intended to cause.

I'll try again off and on - maybe - there was still much left I had to say.

I learned my lessons the hard way and my marriage was nearly lost. I only hoped to help prevent that from happening to someone else; and I know talking to someone about it in person is hard.

Greg and Donna said...

I thought they were great. You have a gift for getting your message across. thanks for the ones you did.

KTElltt said...

Hey, Marie:

I was reading some old entries on Stephanie's blog and saw where she mentioned this series a couple of months ago, so of course the topic sparked my curiosity. I just read all of these this morning (home from church with a coughing little one). I can't imagine what husband could be unhappy with a blog encouraging his wife to have more and better sex with him! :) But surely you must know that when we really feel called to do something, whether it's missions, homeschooling, blogging, speaking, gardening, whatever -- there will always be the critics -- more often because the truth hits home and sometimes hurts a bit. And ESPECIALLY on this topic, if there are issues, so many times it's too easy to not face them. I really found your insights helpful because we've been married almost eight years and have definitely had the ups and downs. Thinking of sex for my husband fulfilling the need that a good talk fills for me is certainly a new way of seeing it, but so good to think on. Thanks for being brave enough to share such an intimate part of your life! So few people are this brave and I think that's why so many people go without much-needed help and counsel. Even though I'm a few months late on the uptake, I wanted to encourage you, tell you these entries actually ARE helpful, and ask you to write more -- even if you just e-mail them to me! I'd love to read them. I think you have such a gift, as Donna said, for gently and humorously delivering some sobering truths. And now that this comment has reached mini-blog proportions, I'll stop. But consider writing more! You would certainly have one devoted reader here, and I might would guest-blog for you, if you want some insights from someone with so short a marital-track record... :)

OH! I've been meaning to tell you, I absolutely love the way you call your husband "He's Too Good To Me". It makes me want to find such a special name for my husband because he too, is far too good to me...

Rie said...

Thank you, Katie. Thank you.

Maybe I'll write more, I'll think on that.

desiree said...

If you were to write more about this I'd read it. :)

Drawing of me losing my cool courtesy of budding artist, Izzy.


Have a dressed up day!


. . . put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12